Wednesday, March 5, 2008

take care of your plants

Have I mentioned that I love composting? Seriously, it rocks. You should try it. Oh, but I live in the city, or I don't have a yard. Not a problem! You can have your own pet worms....

I did try this when I lived in Chicago, but I didn't really know what I was doing, and I think I killed the worms. There wasn't enough oxygen getting in there; I remember there being a lot of condensation. It's much easier with a compost bin/area outside.

But even though I have several of those, I am sorely tempted to have one of these composting "systems," too. It looks like "fun." OK, maybe I have a strange idea of fun, or maybe I'm just easily amused?

I worry, though, that we produce too much composting material for something like this. Plus, can you get a bucket o' worms via the mail when it's still cold (freezing) outside?

Almost forgot to mention: the video up there is from Sustainable Dave over at 365 Days of Trash. This post has been sitting in my drafts for a while....

No comments: