Thursday, October 4, 2007

about me

1. I am a really talented procrastinator.
2. I used to be vegetarian.
3. I love bright colors, but I tend to wear black.
4. I can't function without my glasses.
5. Good coffee = a happy morning :-)
6. I love accents (well, most accents).
7. I'm a really slow reader, but I still love to read.
8. I'm easily overwhelmed by too many choices.
9. I like chocolate a lot more in adulthood than I did as a child. Maybe I eat better quality chocolate now.
10. One of the things I love about owning a house is being able to paint the walls any color I want.
11. I hate getting my teeth scraped at the dentist's.
12. I loved being pregnant.
13. I love Indian food.
14. I love sleeping outside.
15. I hate to sweat.
16. I love to get mail. (Letters, postcards--not bills or junk mail.)
17. Sometimes I bother to call annoying companies that send me catalogs even though I have no idea how I got on their mailing lists.
18. I am usually late sending out birthday cards/presents...I'd like to improve and be on time/early.
19. I like to swim, but I hate getting water in my ears.
20. I try not to wear uncomfortable shoes anymore.
21. I don't organize things on my computer very well.
22. I like to rake leaves and to weed.
23. I've never had poison ivy.
24. I love listening to NPR, especially in the car.
25. People who don't recycle annoy me.
26. I want to learn how to take better pictures.
27. I like doing laundry.
28. I hate mowing grass. I think I hate the smell that lawnmowers make.
29. I hate how when I'm watching TV, the commercials get so loud that I have to push the mute button.
30. I like having a mute button on the remote.
31. I like cats.
32. I prefer savory over sweet.
33. I don't understand why anyone would prefer a PC to a Mac.
34. I love watching game shows, old sitcoms, and Stargate SG1.
35. "Cash Cab" is one of my favorite current shows. In fact, I want to go to NYC just to get on.
36. I would love to be in a Biosphere experiment.
37. Giraffes are one of the coolest animals to see up close.
38. I've seen the Northern Lights, but only faintly.
39. I'm deathly afraid of diving.
40. I tried to ski once, in unfavorable conditions, and I've never wanted to again.
41. I do like to snowshoe.
42. I build igloos when there's enough snow.
43. I dig holes in the sand when I go to the beach.
44. Snails fascinate me. I'm not crazy about slugs, though.
45. I love babies. Especially my own.
46. It annoys me when people confuse "its" and "it's." Ditto with "you're/your" and "they're/their/there."
47. It also annoys me when people use "I" when they should say "me": "Let John or I know."
48. I really like office supplies.
49. Music from the early '80s is nostalgic for me.
50. I would have made a good detective (I like to think).
51. I'm a really good proofreader.
52. I find written mistakes all over the place.
53. The TV show "Dead Like Me" reallly intrigued me.
54. I like doing things on the computer, but I think it sucks too much time out of my life.
55. I lived without a TV set for nine years of my adult life. (I was much more productive then.)
56. I love little boxes/bags/things for organizing stuff.
57. I wish I could be a professional organizer, but I'm just not organized enough.
58. I love the idea of Ikea more than I actually like Ikea.
59. Aung San Suu Kyi is one of my heroes.
60. I don't really like team sports, and I really dislike watching them on TV.
61. Writing with a fountain pen feels luxurious.
62. I've studied nine languages (including English).
63. I love autumn.
64. I don't get enough exercise these days.
65. I want to travel to New Zealand, Bhutan, and Switzerland.
66. I've already travelled to Canada, England, France, Spain, Italy, Iceland, and Germany (well, only through the airport in Germany). Not in this order.
67. A neighbor taught me how to crochet when I was little.
68. I taught myself how to knit when I was young because I thought it was impossible. (How can you manipulate yarn without any hooks?)
69. I like to knit, especially baby things, because they're small (and faster than adult things).
70. I want to have my own pottery studio one day.
71. I used to weave rugs, but I sold most of them. (I think I sold them too cheaply, and I miss them.)
72. I want to make the world a better place.
73. Every year since I was a teenager, I've wished for world peace for my birthday.
74. Last year, I wished for a house and a baby for my birthday, and they both came true.
75. I love making lists.
76. I have only read a small fraction of the books that I own.
77. I take sugar and milk or cream in my coffee.
78. I get anxious about things that didn't bother me when I was younger.
79. I have way too many bookmarks on my computer.
80. I regularly run out of memory on my computer.
81. I love hanging out in bookshops.
82. I like to leave really good tips when the service is great.
83. I used to wait tables once upon a time.
84. Sometimes I even tell the manager/owner of the restaurant when our waiter is really great.
85. I think the word "waiter" is fine for describing either a man or a woman, and I prefer "firefighter, mail carrier, and police officer."
86. I am a feminist.
87. I think language matters very much.
88. I want to read more of the classics.
89. I like having houseplants, but sometimes I forget to water them. I feel guilty when they die.
90. I like Baroque music.
91. I wish I had a lovely singing voice.
92. The laundry detergent aisle has always been my favorite in the grocery store.
93. I've never voted for a winning president, unless you count Al Gore.
94. After reading the book, the movie is always a letdown (unless you count Harry Potter, but that's only because they follow the books *to the letter*).
95. I want to have a big vegetable garden--organic, of course.
96. I'd prefer to have a flower garden rather than a lawn.
97. I hate going to the doctor.
98. I want to see an iceberg, before they all melt and there's no land left to live on anyway.
99. I think I have too many books.
100. I don't have nearly enough time to read anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for hanging out on my little blog curb on occasion.

You and I have many things in common. I think you might be my long lost sister. I'm right there with you hard core on number 1. I can procrastinate like nobody's business but still pull through at the very last second. It drives my diligent friends crazy.

Ooh, and I bet a snail could beat me in a reading race. I love to read but just take forever doing it. I bomb the reading portions of standardized exams like MCATs, LSATs (which is pretty much all reading) simply b/c I don't finish in time.

Too many choices, Indian food,...I could go on but then I'd just make my own 100 in your comment section. Good going on the blog!

Peevish McSnark said...

we sound a lot alike...

super des said...

I think we are long lost sisters. Too many of these are mine also.