Sunday, March 22, 2009

Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme (and some other stuff)

In case you're out of the loop (the way I usually am), here's the scoop about the Obamas' new vegetable garden. Here's the layout of the new vegetable garden at the White House. Yum. I want to eat there. Aside: Except the rhubarb part. I'm still convinced that that stuff is poisonous. My mom told me repeatedly not to touch it when I was a kid (I guess the leaves are toxic or something?), and I'm still listening to her. Of course, you know, when she offered me some of that rhubarb pie she made, I wouldn't touch that either: I mean, come on, she just said it was poisonous. (Yes, I'm still six. Logic will not rule in this instance.) They were pretty smart to put the mint in a patch by itself. That stuff will take over otherwise.

And I'm a bit jealous. I really want to have a real garden here. I get paralyzed by all the choices and by the lack of choices.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I would *love* to see the White House's new kitchen garden. I just calculated my gardens' total square footage and it's around 200 for just veggies and herbs. The White House garden will be 1,100, which just blows my mind. I'm trying to imagine everything I could fit into that space.